Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Villa Park’s Julien Franklin, Katrina Sommer found their college homes

Posted by Irvine Sign Company

Posted by Irvine Business Sign Company

Villa Park senior basketball player Julien Franklin signed his letter of intent Wednesday with Oregon State.

Franklin, a 6-6 guard/forward, sent his signed letter of intent off to Oregon State via cell phone. (Burt Call was right, that times have changed.)

He had recruiting interest from others like Stanford, Rice, New Mexico and Pepperdine. He stuck with Oregon State because, among other reasons, Oregon State was the first to recruit him. Franklin made a recruiting trip to Oregon State in January.

“Corvallis is a great atmosphere for basketball,” he said. “I fell in love with the place.”

Villa Park swimmer Katrina Sommer signed with Indiana, a university with a rich tradition in the sport and this ranked No. 9 in the nation.

“I took two official trips,” said Sommer on Wednesday during the Villa Park signing celebration in the school gym. “And I decided Indiana is the place for me.”

Like all of Wednesday’s signees, getting the letter of intent done was a relief for Sommer.

“I like like now that I have my college in place,” she said. “I can now focus on my sport and have a good senior year.”

 

 


[Read More ...]

Posted by Irvine Sign Maker

For Free Sign Estimate Visit: Lighted Channel Letters Irvine ca

Posted by https://goo.gl/TXzGV5

No comments:

Post a Comment